Cooking scrambled eggs is simple and easy however if you overcooked it, it becomes rubbery and dry. What you want is a buttery, creamy, smooth scrambled eggs. Here's how it is made:
3 large eggs
1½ tablespoon of whole milk (½ tablespoon for each egg)
1¾ teaspoons cornstarch or potato starch (½ + 1/8 teaspoon for each egg)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 tablespoon for each egg)
1. Crack the eggs and put it in a bowl.
2. Use another bowl and pour the milk and cornstarch and then whisk it together until it is free from lumps.
4. Season it with salt.
6. After the butter is melted, add the beaten eggs.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Do you want lobster but can't afford it? Try McDonald's McLobster, they will be offering their version of lobster roll named McLobster from June 17 up to June 30 or while supplies last. McLobster is made with 100%, real Atlantic lobster according to the fastfood company and it is priced at just $7.49 +tax. Unfortunately, it's only available in Canada.
The limited-time McLobster is part of their “Great Canadian Taste Adventure” campaign to promote Canadian inspired flavors. The other other added menu included in the summer promotion are, maple and bacon poutine, a chocolate nanaimo sundae, cottage country chicken and the Western BBQ burger.
Sunday, June 14, 2015
Experts said that giving up diet soda will improve your overall health.
- It will help you think clearly since artificial sweetener aspartame disrupts brain chemicals, nerve signals that can lead to headaches, anxiety, and insomnia, in a study done by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- You'll taste your food better since drinking diet soda with artificial sweeteners overwhelmed your taste buds with sweets and alters sweet receptors in your brain that prolongs sugar cravings rather than satisfies them.
Heather Bainbridge, RD, from Columbia University Medical Center Weight Control Center said:
“We often see patients change snack choices when they give up diet soda. Rather than needing sugary treats or something really salty like pretzels and chips, they reach for an apple and a piece of cheese. And, when they try diet soda again, they find it intolerably sweet."
- It will help you lose weight. Despite being diet soda with no sugar in it, drinking daily will increase your chance of becoming obese in the next decade by 65% according to Diabetes Care since it is connected to an increase in metabolic syndrome—obesity, high blood-pressure, high triglycerides—which leads to heart disease and diabetes.
- Improve your kidney function. When you get rid of unhealthy ingredients in diet soda, your kidneys will be clearing toxins, stabilizing blood pressure, and absorbing minerals.
Friday, June 5, 2015
Live Science reports a 23 years old man consulted his doctors for his finger that has blisters, doctors diagnosed that the cause is not bacteria but herpes virus which usually affects the genitals or causes cold sores around the mouth. Sometimes this virus can infect the fingertip, the condition is called herpetic whitlow.
Experts said that herpetic whitlow infections poses a serious risk if not treated immediately or if improperly treated since it can lead to complications such as herpetic encephalitis, which is a herpes infection that attacks brain. Expert said that bacterial and herpetic whitlow requires a different treatment.
The symptoms of a herpes virus infection usually subside on their own, but the virus hibernates within the body's nerve cells. If the person with herpes virus experience some triggers, like stress it become active again, that results to outbreaks.
Whitlow propagate in warm, moist environments. People who suspect they have whitlow should have it checked by a doctor immediately, since the infection can spread to the whole hand, and sometimes even to the tendon, which is very hard to treat and will generally require surgery of the hand.