Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Renée Kathleen Zellweger who is famous for her role in the film Jerry Maguire looks really different she was barely recognizable. The social media went berserk and people are speculating that Zellweger had cosmetic surgery. The whole whole thing started when she appeared on the red carpet last Monday October 20, 2014 at the Elle magazine 21st annual Women in Hollywood event. She looked remarkably different from her "Jerry Maguire" and "Bridget Jones's Diary" days.
Renee Zellweger answered back she said that it is silly and her new look is a result of her happy and healthy lifestyle. "It seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door."
"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy," she said. "For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself."
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Check out an article by Lisa Elaine Held titled "5 Ab Exercises That Kill Crunches", which are good strengthening exercise for your Abs that will get rid of your belly flab. Yes, crunches are effective but you will get ripped faster if you do both alternately. Don't forget you will need to eat more healthy food and lessen your calorie intake if you want to lose those flab in your midsection. The five exercises are 1. Sliding Pike, 2. Plank with Open-and-Close Legs, 3. Sliding Forearm Plank, 4. Kettlebell Stand-and-Kneel, and 5. Resistance Band Raise.
For the complete instruction check out the article here: http://wellandgood.com/2012/05/13/5-ab-exercises-that-are-better-than-crunches/
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Here are some tricks that you may try to make grilled cheese from Buzzfeed:
1. Iron grilled cheese - use an iron, yes an iron used for straightening clothes. Stack 2 slices of bread and place a slice of cheese in the middle and wrapped it with aluminum foil. Set the iron to the highest setting then heat both sides until done. Then slice the grilled cheese in half, then enjoy!
2. Toaster Grilled Cheese - lay your toaster sideways, then place 2 slices of bread with cheese in the toaster. Heat it, the bread will pop out once done, assemble then enjoy.
3. Pan Fried Grilled Cheese - Pan fried 2 slices of bread with cheese in the middle, then add cheese on top.
4. Mac & Cheese Grilled cheese - microwave an easy Mac. Then refrigerate to cool. Remove Mac & Cheese from the cup. Place flour all over the Mac & Cheese, then dip it in egg. Dip it in bread crumbs. Then fry it in hot cooking oil. Add cheese on top, enjoy!
Monday, September 29, 2014
Every grocery store are different so it will be a bit trickier to determine who got the cheapest products, but all these grocery store have the same or similar tricks to get you spending more money than you should have.
Avoid products that are for single use or products that are packaged for convenience. Products that are in Economy-sized isn't always cheap, the only way to be certain is divide the total amount by its unit to know the unit price.
If you like bagged salads, you'll be better off buying them separately. You'll have more lettuce and more dressing than purchasing a single packaged salad. Cut fruits is also more expensive than if you purchase the whole fruit in terms of unit price.
Products that have new features, tend to be more expensive than the regular stuff. Like for example, a toothbrush with new bristle. Why not buy an ordinary toothbrush that can also do the job, or a juice drink with new easy to drink bottle or no slip bottle.
Another way to save huge on your grocery bills is always use coupons and buy store sales.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
What is Konjac and why is it special? Konjac Potato or also known as konjaku, konnyaku potato, devil's tongue, voodoo lily, elephant yam, snake palm, or konjak is a perennial plant that is native in Asia. It can be found in Japan, China, and Indonesia. Konnyaku or yam cake is made from the root of Konjac, it is cooked and consumed primarily in Japan.
Konjac has almost no calories it is 97% water, but is very high in fiber. Thus, it is often used as a diet food. It is also pH neutral that leaves skin perfectly balanced.
The tree was first discovered in the Indochinese region, and Konnyaku has been used in Korea, Japan and China for over 1,500 as food, dieting aid, medicine, and as beauty product. It is known for its health giving properties. The original purpose of the Konjac Sponge is for use on delicate baby skin. The Konjac Sponge exfoliate the skin, and it absorb dirt and pollutants. It is also packed with minerals and antioxidants and 100% non toxic since it is 100% natural.
There are a lot of types of Konjac Sponge, I tried the Bamboo Charcoal for oily and acne prone skin since my can be quite oily the sponge is very light and stiff once you soak it in warm water it turn silky soft and mushy. You can use cleansing products in small amount but it is not necessary. I used a little cleansing product and yes my face feels much more cleaner, free from oil and dirt. I've been using konjac sponge for two weeks and it really makes a difference, the sponge should last 2 to 3 months, totally worth the $10 price tag on Amazon.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
If you want to drop pounds fast you need to watch your diet and maximize your running exercise. Running can burn a lot of calories as long you do it right. Here are some tips on how to get it done:
1. Run longer than you used to - in order to burn more calories, add miles to your regular running routine. Always challenge yourself, once you get used to that miles you cover increase it gradually.
2. Run on intervals - begin running fast for about 5 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes then run again. Try 5 repetition. This will help boost your body metabolism that will help you lose weight. It will also improve your endurance.
3. Increase intensity - run longer and try running uphill this will help you burn more calories and you will certainly lose weight.
4. Eat healthy food - there are no secret in losing weight, the lesser and the healthier you eat the more pounds you lose. Avoid fast-food and junk foods, eat more vegetables and fruits. Don't consider potatoes as vegetable.
5. Monitor your progress - check your weight once a week and see all the progress of your hardwork. This will certainly encourage you and it will give you more confidence in yourself.
Monday, August 18, 2014
If you are like me in college, then you must also have survived college eating instant noodles which is heavy on the stomach and very light on the wallet. The main reason why college kids eat instant noodles is because it's easy to make just put hot water and wait for a few minutes and it is very cheap. However, a new study suggests that instant noodles are linked to diabetes and heart illness. The research was published in the Journal of Nutrition. It stated that instant noodles can raise the risk of Cardiometabolic syndrome. It increases the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, particularly heart failure, and diabetes specially in women.
The research is very important since a lot of people eat instant noodles, and with a research like this will give them knowledge on the risks on consuming too much. The study was done by Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital (BHVH) researchers.
Hyun Joon Shin, MD, a clinical cardiology fellow at Baylor University Medical Center and a nutrition epidemiology doctoral student at Harvard School of Public Health led the research.
Their research studied a total of 10,711 adults between the age of 19-64 years and with 54.5% of them are women. The found out that consuming instant noodles 2 or more times a week was associated with cardiometabolic syndrome. It also said that the result were more frequent in women, which is probably because of biological differences like sex hormones and metabolism.
They focused their research on South Koreans who have the highest consumption of Instant Noodles. So why not buy frozen veggies instead? It's healthier and also easy to prepare.