I didn't know until now that Snow is the best-selling beer in the world. Word on the street is this lager beer from China is "a pale, Budweiser-like brew". The Chinese manufacturer brewed 16.5 billion pints of the beer last year, making it the best-selling beer in China (and about twice as popular as Bud Light). SABMiller brewed 50.8 million barrels of it in 2011, down from 52 million in 2010.
Did you know that beer has lots of health benefits?
- Beer contains high levels of silicon, which is linked to bone health.
- Beer can help raise levels of HDL, the “good” cholesterol that helps keep arteries from getting clogged.
- It helps lower the risk of developing kidney stones by 40 percent.
- A beer a day may help keep Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia at bay.
- Beer’s sugars help block HCAs from forming. Reduced cancer risk
- Beer contains vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- It helps prevent blood clots that block blood flow to the heart, neck and brain—the clots that cause ischemic stroke.
- Alcohol increases insulin sensitivity, thus helping protect against diabetes.
- It helps lower blood pressure.
You can read more about it here.