Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Here is how to achieve a perfect golden-brown French Fries:
1) Cut freshly peeled large russet potatoes into long sticks.
2) Rinse the potatoes and then shake off the water.
3) Transfer cut potatoes to a large deep heavy pot.
4) Spread the potatoes, no more than 2 layers deep.
5) Pour in vegetable oil to cover potatoes by 1".
6) Place pot over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes (oil will begin bubbling gently).
7) Continue cooking, occasionally loosening potatoes from the bottom of the pot with a heatproof spatula, until potatoes are very tender.(25-30 minutes more)
8) Increase heat to medium-high and cook until golden and crisp about 15 minutes longer(oil will bubble more vigorously).
9) Transfer fries to paper towels to drain.
10) Season with coarse sea salt and enjoy!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
The egg diet is a high-protein, low to no-carbohydrate diet. So basically, the diet includes 1-2 boiled eggs for breakfast, a piece of fruit for lunch and a small piece of chicken or fish (or more eggs) for dinner. As this is some kind of nutritional fasting where you stop consuming certain nutrients, in this case, carbohydrates, sure you'd probably lose some weight. But it's not really a healthy way to lose weight. Chances are, you'd gain it all back once you get tired of eating almost nothing but eggs. It's not easy but try to modify your lifestyle to lose weight and get healthy. Eat well and exercise - make that your diet plan.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
|Spam served with rice|
|Spam musubi (Hawaii)|