Thursday, August 28, 2014
If you want to drop pounds fast you need to watch your diet and maximize your running exercise. Running can burn a lot of calories as long you do it right. Here are some tips on how to get it done:
1. Run longer than you used to - in order to burn more calories, add miles to your regular running routine. Always challenge yourself, once you get used to that miles you cover increase it gradually.
2. Run on intervals - begin running fast for about 5 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes then run again. Try 5 repetition. This will help boost your body metabolism that will help you lose weight. It will also improve your endurance.
3. Increase intensity - run longer and try running uphill this will help you burn more calories and you will certainly lose weight.
4. Eat healthy food - there are no secret in losing weight, the lesser and the healthier you eat the more pounds you lose. Avoid fast-food and junk foods, eat more vegetables and fruits. Don't consider potatoes as vegetable.
5. Monitor your progress - check your weight once a week and see all the progress of your hardwork. This will certainly encourage you and it will give you more confidence in yourself.
Monday, August 18, 2014
If you are like me in college, then you must also have survived college eating instant noodles which is heavy on the stomach and very light on the wallet. The main reason why college kids eat instant noodles is because it's easy to make just put hot water and wait for a few minutes and it is very cheap. However, a new study suggests that instant noodles are linked to diabetes and heart illness. The research was published in the Journal of Nutrition. It stated that instant noodles can raise the risk of Cardiometabolic syndrome. It increases the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, particularly heart failure, and diabetes specially in women.
The research is very important since a lot of people eat instant noodles, and with a research like this will give them knowledge on the risks on consuming too much. The study was done by Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital (BHVH) researchers.
Hyun Joon Shin, MD, a clinical cardiology fellow at Baylor University Medical Center and a nutrition epidemiology doctoral student at Harvard School of Public Health led the research.
Their research studied a total of 10,711 adults between the age of 19-64 years and with 54.5% of them are women. The found out that consuming instant noodles 2 or more times a week was associated with cardiometabolic syndrome. It also said that the result were more frequent in women, which is probably because of biological differences like sex hormones and metabolism.
They focused their research on South Koreans who have the highest consumption of Instant Noodles. So why not buy frozen veggies instead? It's healthier and also easy to prepare.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
|Gisele Bundchen Breastfeeding|
|Gwen Stefani Breastfeeding|
|Jaime King Breastfeeding|
|Miranda Kerr Breastfeeding|
|Olivia Wilde Breastfeeding|
Check out pictures of celebrities breastfeeding their babies to help glamorize and promote breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is a natural and healthy option of feeding your babies. Breast milk is the best for your baby, it offers a lot of benefits. It contains all the vitamins and nutrients your baby needs in the first 6 months of your baby's life. It also contains substances that fight disease and protect your little bundle of joy from illness.
American Academy of Pediatrics highly recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months. Colostrum, contains antibodies that help protect the mucous membranes in the throat, lungs, and intestines of the baby.
Breastfed babies have a lower incident of diseases as they grow older such as childhood diabetes, childhood obesity, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, and cancer before the age of 15. Babies who are breastfed have a lower risk of tooth decay.
Breastfeeding is also beneficial for the mothers, they connect emotionally to their babies and also it lowers the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and anemia. It also helps lose weight faster for all the pound you've gained during pregnancy.