Sunday, February 5, 2012

6 Mini Meals or 3 Squares?




I just read the article "Which Will Help Me Slim Down—6 Mini Meals or 3 Squares?" by Brierley Wright, M.S., R.D.

Experts say it's best to eat mini meals every few hours. Eating frequently may help curb appetite and stabilize blood sugar-preventing the dips that leave you feeling hungry-which makes slimming down more doable.

But recent research, published in the journal Obesity, suggests that grazing on multiple mini meals won't promote weight loss any more than sticking to three squares. When overweight or obese dieters spread a very-low-calorie diet over six meals, their appetite and hunger were no different than when they ate the same diet in three daily meals.

She stated that how much you eat is more important than how often you eat. If eating more often causes you to overeat-say multiple meals turn into all-day grazing-try eating fewer meals. But if you're a three-meal-a-day person who gorges each time you sit down because you're so famished, adding in a snack or two, even three, might help.

Whatever you choose, including fiber-fruits, vegetables and whole grains-and lean protein in your meals and snacks is essential when you're dieting, as both nutrients provide staying power to keep you feeling full until you eat next.

Source

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I've added your blog to 'my links' on my blog but I don't really get a lot of traffic on mine! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, added yours on mine. hope it'll help both of us.

      Delete
  2. Hey hailey ;)
    It's Fairy from schlingeline.blogspot.com
    My Mail Adress is: kosmetikschlingeline@hotmail.de
    LG Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello =)
    I was happy with his visit, feel free to come and comment on other times. ^ ^
    What you want is my email, is it?
    jane_costa2006@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hailey!I love to read this type of research oriented articles and provide us valuable health guide .Suggest me some fitness recipes and fitness workouts for weight losing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I will post it here once I have a new fitness recipes and fitness workouts for weight loss

      Delete