Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I may have Carpal tunnel syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome



I think I may have Carpal tunnel syndrome. Maybe due to typing too much and spending too much time online. I feel pain on both hands and some numbness. I know I should consult a doctor but since I don’t have time, I consulted mayo clinic and all the symptoms seems to be present:

Tingling or numbness in your fingers or hand, especially your thumb and index, middle or ring fingers, but not your little finger.

Pain radiating or extending from your wrist up your arm to your shoulder or down into your palm or fingers, especially after forceful or repetitive use.

But when I rest my hands and drink vitamin B and Tylenol the pain subsides. Maybe it’s just fatigue.

9 comments:

  1. Very useful article... Thanks for sharing!! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do layout / graphic design work and I get carpal tunnel when I'm working on a big project. Massage and movement help, as do gel mousepads / wristguards... But really the only thing that makes it go away is rest! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks! I have a gel mousepad, maybe I should buy a wrist guard.

      Delete
  3. Very intresting and lovely blog!

    What do u say about following each others blog on Gfc and bloglovin just to stay in contact this way?

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Couple questions for any other visitors! What supplements or medication do you take for the pain? I am using a combination of Tumeric and Bromelain to manage mine but am looking for some other ideas. Also, one thing that I have found to work really well is a brace I bought from here: http://www.braceability.com/wrist-braces-wrist-supports-wrist-splints-hand-and-wrist-braces
    Let me know if you have any other ideas on how to manage the pain and continue functioning normally!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some points that can lessen or to prevent CTS:
    *Allow Your Wrist To Take A Break
    *Don’t Use As Much Force
    *Use A Correct Posture
    *Make Sure Your Hands Are Warm
    *Try Some Yoga
    For more information you can check on this site. http://carpaltunnelhq.com/how-to-prevent-carpal-tunnel-syndrome/

    ReplyDelete