Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Slow-Fried French Fries
Here is how to achieve a perfect golden-brown French Fries:
1) Cut freshly peeled large russet potatoes into long sticks.
2) Rinse the potatoes and then shake off the water.
3) Transfer cut potatoes to a large deep heavy pot.
4) Spread the potatoes, no more than 2 layers deep.
5) Pour in vegetable oil to cover potatoes by 1".
6) Place pot over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes (oil will begin bubbling gently).
7) Continue cooking, occasionally loosening potatoes from the bottom of the pot with a heatproof spatula, until potatoes are very tender.(25-30 minutes more)
8) Increase heat to medium-high and cook until golden and crisp about 15 minutes longer(oil will bubble more vigorously).
9) Transfer fries to paper towels to drain.
10) Season with coarse sea salt and enjoy!