Wednesday, August 7, 2013

OUCH! Ingrown toenail hurts

I have very painful ingrown toenail, the pain is throbbing and my toenail is red and tender. I've tried removing it with a nipper and I have managed to remove some of it, but it still hurts. I think it's infected.

I read somewhere from a forum post that I should visit a podiatrist to have it removed. I will try to soak it in epsom salt and see if there are improvements, if none I will probably see a doctor.

I saw this on wisegeek, I hope this really work:

"If you already have an ingrown toenail, the best way to remedy the problem is to soak your foot in warm salted water at least twice a day. This will soften the toenail and reduce swelling. After soaking the nail, swab it with an antiseptic, such iodine, to prevent infection. Next, take a piece of clean cotton and gently place it under the toenail so that it is raised. Apply an antibacterial ointment to the area to prevent infection. Repeat these steps until the toenail has grown out and away from the skin."

Ingrown toenail hurts, Ingrown toenail


On webmd.com, an article  suggest to wedge a small piece of wet cotton under the corner of the nail to cushion the nail, but I have already cut the edges of my toenail.

No comments:

Post a Comment