Sunday, April 10, 2016
Tips on How to Keep Your Heart Healthy
1. Eat healthy food, with plenty of vegetables and avoid junk foods like Pizza and hamburgers.
2. Make sure that you exercise 5 days a week for 30 minutes at a time or in divided increments.
3. Maintain a normal body weight and waist circumference of less than 35 inches for women, and less than 40 inches for men.
4. Maintain a blood pressure of 120/80 or lower.
5. Limit alcohol intake to one drink daily.
6. Have a healthy sleep habits. Healthy adults need between 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night.
7. Take less salt. Too much salt can cause high blood pressure, which increases the risk of developing coronary heart disease. For optimal healthy heart, the American Heart Association recommends people to eat no more than 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day.
8. Monitor your cholesterol levels. High levels of cholesterol in the blood that is produced by the liver from saturated fats can lead to fatty deposits in your coronary arteries that increase your risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and diseases that affect the circulation. You can help lower your cholesterol level by exercising and eating high-fibre foods such as porridge, beans, pulses, lentils, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
Tightness or discomfort in the chest, neck, arm or stomach which comes on when you exert yourself but goes away with rest may be the first sign of angina, which can lead to a heart attack if left untreated.
Heart HealthTM Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E Single Bottle - 120 softgels,(60 Servings) $59.91
The 30-Day Heart Tune-Up: A Breakthrough Medical Plan to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease $9.75
Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health $14.99
NatureWise Garcinia Cambogia Extract, HCA Appetite Suppressant and Weight Loss Supplement, 500 mg, 180 count $27.99