Friday, September 9, 2016
KFC Fried Chicken Recipe Exposed
Colonel Sanders' Kentucky Fried Chicken is known all over the world and people love the taste of their chicken since it's finger lickin' good. The secret recipe for their fried chicken is a blend of 11 herbs and spices and it's kept hidden in a vault for safekeeping.
According to the Chicago Tribune the secret recipe has already been exposed to their reporter named Jay Jones accidentally by Joe Ledington, a nephew of the man who made the recipe famous. Jones assignment was in Corbin, Ky., he is to write a story for The Tribune’s travel section about the town where the colonel served his first fried chicken. While there, he arranged a meeting with Mr. Ledington, whose uncle, Col. Harland Sanders, founded Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Mr. Ledington entertained the reporter and show him an old family photo album that he said had belonged to Claudia Ledington, the second wife of Colonel Sanders, who died in 1996. He then show the reporter Claudia's last will and testament that was tucked hidden in the back of the scrapbook, and its final pages contained a handwritten recipe for a blend of 11 spices. It is written in blue ink and the title of the paper is "11 Spices — Mix With 2 Cups White Fl." and it enumerate the list of herbs and spices and the measurement for each one.
“The main ingredient is white pepper,” Mr. Ledington told the newspaper. “I call that the secret ingredient. Nobody knew what white pepper was. Nobody knew how to use it” in the 1950s, he said.
The Chicago Tribune tested the recipe and compared it with a bucket of KFC Original Recipe chicken and the result was good. Even though you got the recipe, you still need to unlock their pressure-cooking technique to cook those chickens. Here's the recipe that the colonel’s nephew showed The Chicago Tribune:
11 spices — mix with 2 cups white flour
2/3 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon thyme
1/2 tablespoon basil
1/3 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried mustard
4 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons white pepper
You can also opt to have Todd Wilbur's from Top Secret Recipes KFC original fried chicken clone which have no MSG and it has less calories and less fat content.
Todd Wilbur version: Calories: 200 thigh/ 290 breast, Fat: 9g thigh / 21g breast
Original KFC: Calories: 250 thigh/ 360 breast, Fat: 17g thigh / 21g breast
8 small pieces of chicken, breast, thigh, and drumsticks, with skin removed
8 cups water
1/3 cup salt
2 tbsp premium, MSG-free fish sauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
4 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp finely ground tellicherry pepper
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground savory
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground marjoram
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
2 cups skim milk
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Dissolve 1/3 cup salt in 8 cups water. Stir in fish sauce. Add chicken and marinate for 2 hours. Remove chicken from brine, rinse with water, and blot dry. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Make the breading by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk. When the oven is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture and then press into the breading. Toss each chicken piece in the breading until well-coated. Let chicken sit for 2 minutes in the breading. Shake off the excess breading and arrange on a baking sheet that has been thoroughly sprayed with vegetable oil non-stick spray.
4. When all of the chicken has been breaded, spray each piece with the oil spray until the breading is completely moistened.
5. Bake chicken for 40 to 45 minutes or until it’s nicely browned.
Top Secret Recipes Step-by-Step: Secret Formulas with Photos for Duplicating Your Favorite Famous Foods at Home $14.66
Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods$12.49
Quick Easy Recipes: 5 Ingredient Cookbook: Easy Recipes in 5 or Less Ingredients
CROCKPOT DUMP MEALS COOKBOOK: Quick and easy High Quality Meals! $2.99